Wednesday, July 23, 2008

Not a fun day.

Our 7 year old beautiful rhodesian ridgeback died in our back yard yesterday. The vet thinks she had a seizure, stroke, or heartattack causing her to be immobile and to die of heat stroke in the sun. She was outside for less than 2 hours with plenty of water and shade so that is their best guess. I am better today, but with the preg. hormones it was a bit rough yesterday (not to mention my husband was out of town so I had to handle all of it...) We got her as a puppy before the kids came along. She was a sweet (despite her 85 pounds) girl and was so great with all of our kids.

The kids have a great attitude. They told me "Now she can play with Lukie (our other dog that died of cancer last fall) in heaven! They will be so happy to see each other again!" with smiles on their sweet little faces.

3 comments:

Tracy said...

I'm sorry for your loss. I'm glad the kiddos have a good attitude about it. Kids are awesome like that.

How does it go?...."Unless you have faith like a child..."

Unknown said...

Sorry to hear about your loss. Is that the pup you picked up on your move from VA??? Glad the kids are taking it ok.

Becky

Malia said...

Oh, dear. Losing a pet is so hard. It's good to hear that the kids took it so well but I hear you about the pregnancy hormones! (I was pregnant with my son when Ronald Reagan died and every time I heard "Hail to the Chief" played I started crying!) Still, I'm very sorry for you loss.