Thursday, September 13, 2007

You know you are stressed when...

True stories from this week...

You drive home and your husband comes out to greet you. He continues past you and you say "Oh, I already got the mail". He replies "I was going to help get the kids out of the car." All of a sudden it dawns on you...the children!?? You say "OH! The kids!! I forgot to pick them up from the sitters....be back in a little bit!!"

We had a drawing at work to determine who will get to go on an out of town conference this year. My boss pulls out my name and stares and stares and finally says "I don't know who this is." I say, "hello?? Remember me??" She says "No. I don't know a Brenda Y" I wrote down my maiden name!!!!!!! 8 years and I guess my heart still feels like it was yesterday!!

Not to mention the new constant twitch above my right eye. I thought it started out as allergies, but 10 days later I am claiming stress. And, why do we bother to name our children different names? When it's a rough stressful day it always comes out "br-kat-ma-hey kids!!" I just can't keep them straight this week!

And a sweet story to end on....my sweet 6 year old son lost another tooth today. It's been loose for a while and today it fell out at school. At our school they put teeth in a little tooth necklace so the kids won't lose it and they can take it home. Unfortunately, the plastic tooth necklace did not do it's job today and he literally lost his tooth on the playground. Since I work at his school one of the first grade teachers comes to tell me what happened and that he was not upset. He just went up to her and asked her what was he supposed to do for the tooth fairy now? She told him to write her a letter explaining what happened and she was sure the tooth fairy would leave extra money for him for being so brave and not crying about losing his tooth. Here is what he wrote... "Drer toothfuere i lost my tooth undr the muncebrs. Can you giv me a estr $. Becus i wus so big ubout loosing it. I dinnot crie." Sometimes among the stress there is still nothing like being a mommy!!

3 comments:

julie said...

I love that you are so real...thanks for being honest about life.

Tanya said...

So good to hear updates from you! Your life sounds a bit like mine :)

Ok, love all the recent pictures that you posted. Your children are adorable and you are just beautiful! You look great.

Tracy said...

Brenda,
I love reading your blogs. Your have gorgeous family and you look fantastic! Thanks for posting the photos. And.. I cracked up reading this entry.
I have been right there with you.